The Agony of Defeat


Hey Captain Hook!

This is your neighbor - STAN!

You probably don't remember, but you gave me the credentials to this blog site during our last poker game cause you wanted my daughter, who is currently at FSU, to help you with social media.  You probably don't remember because you had had a few beers.

But whatever, here I am!  I figured it out.  I have no idea how to change the font.

Allow me to set the record straight on a few things.

1. You were not "kicking my butt" on the poker table.  In fact, my full house over your straight pretty much did you in. Remember?

2. Yes, I remember the fifty dollar bet.  And as we discussed, it was fifty bucks to split all that wood by hand cause you said you were in such great shape P80Y boy, or whatever the heck it is called.

I saw your selfies with your shirt off.  For an old man, you really should know better.  I'm guessing you lost a few readers over those "fake news" geriatric lumberjack shots.

More importantly, while it is true I was in Washington this weekend (still am).  My wife was NOT!

She also remembers the bet, which is why she was sooooo surprised to see the hydraulic log splitter in your front yard, you sneaky bastard.

So she took a couple of snaps from her iPhone as she was driving by on her way to the grocery store. 





She said on the last shot that it appeared that you were looking right at her, but apparently you were using the hydraulic splitter to take selfies of yourself.  You should be ashamed.

So I'm sorry for ruining your blog - okay I'm not really.

And I'm not sorry at all about taking your fifty bucks.  I'll be back on Wednesday.  Feel free to leave my money in my mailbox.

Your neighbor - and hopefully still your friend - Stan

BTW, When are we fishing again, friend?

2 comments:

  1. BUSTED! Oh man, this is too funny! Loved the blog and post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last shot? looked like he was lining up to expose something other than the log splitter.

    ReplyDelete