Royal Rangers


October, 2017

A few weeks ago, I met a woman (Rebekah) at my doctor's office who, after some casual conversations about church, discovered that I was a Captain.  She asked if I would be willing to take her and her husband and their local chapter of the Royal Rangers out on a deep-sea fishing trip.

I said I would be happy to.

My perception of the Royal Rangers is that they are kind of like the Boy Scouts, but with a more Christian foundation.  They also have other components like the Adventure Rangers:


So, on Saturday, some parents, a few of the Rangers, and little Alexis (my personal favorite and co-Captain) went offshore fishing.

Unfortunately, it was a very windy day and the seas were rough.  Most species are closed right now, but just for fun, I had intended to head out to K Tower (20 miles offshore) to look for, and fight, some big AmberJack. They are always fun, challenging, and memorable to catch. Unfortunately, we didn't make it that far offshore - simply because we were battling 4-5 foot seas.

I could write a long blog about our trip, but the excellent video they put together really kind of sums the day up.  Even though it was rough out there and a couple people got a little seasick, most everyone (who wasn't barfing) had a really good time. Except for the rough seas, it was a very pretty day. We caught some gag grouper, a King Mackerel and a large bonita.

We ate the King at the restaurant for lunch.  It was yummy.

I got a fantastic gift bag from them which included a cool Royal Rangers shirt an Adventure Rangers hat, but most of all, I got some new friends.  Most of these kids had never been offshore fishing, so I hope it was an experience they will remember for a long time. It was quite the adventure!  I had a great time.

Thank you to Mike for helping crew.  I couldn't have done it without you, my friend.

So here is the cool video David (the Dad) put together.  Enjoy!


Thanks for reading / watching everyone.


I hope to be back soon. I'm running out of year though.

www.captnhookfish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment