God's True Test of Men


September, 2015

People often ask me - "Hey Marc, how do you launch your boat?"

And I reply, "By phone".

Years ago, I learned an excellent quote from Mike Wilson:  "Boat trailers are God's true test of men".

Many of my friends (Gene) will attest to that quotation.

I hate boat trailers.  Something always goes wrong when you pull boats on them.  When the day comes where I can't afford to pay someone to place my boat in the water from a lift, I will sell the boat.  Go ahead, make fun of me, but if you ever want to drink a few beers and watch an entertaining, free show, just take a lawn chair down to a public boat ramp on a busy summer day and watch people launch their boats.  Then, you will understand my preference.

I have a friend named Darrh Bryant (pronounced "Dare" who also happens to be a great dentist).

Like me, Darrh (sort of) enjoys fishing.  :-)

Anyway, he has a BIG Contender and he apparently isn't afraid to trailer it.  He is much more ballsy than I.  Recently, he and his friends (my invitation must have gotten lost in the mail) trailered his boat all the way from Tallahassee to the Florida keys for a weekend of fishing and lobstering.

I heard he blew a tire on the way down, but had it fixed within minutes.  Very impressive Darrh!

He created a fun video.  You can enjoy it here:  https://vimeo.com/136979083

I'll be back with a new blog soon.

Captain Marc Paul
Captain Marc Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment