Steve's Birthday


Good morning everyone.

It's not always about the fish - or the fishing.  It's also about quality time with family.

My sister Lorraine and her husband Steve came up from Tampa recently.  It was Steve's birthday.  His 39th, I think. :-).  Hard to tell with Steve as he is such an avid P90X fan.

The weather in Tallahassee has been pretty crappy for weeks now.  Lots and lots of rain.  If April showers bring May flowers then every square inch of Tallahassee should be blooming next month.

Even though it was pouring down rain, we decided to head down to the coast.  There is a restaurant at the marina called "Mad Anthony's".  Oysters at the restaurant sounded pretty good on Sunday.

Pouring down rain as we head to the coast.  Perhaps this wasn't such a good idea.

The grouper sandwiches are good.  Pouring down rain as we eat at the restaurant.  Can't it just stop raining for a little while?  Give me a break!

And then we get one.  I wouldn't exactly call it "sunny", but it does stop raining briefly.

Put the damn boat in the water, boys.

They do.

We don't/can't go far because there is obviously more rain and lightning on the way, but it isn't always the "destination" that counts, it is the "journey".

So we take an easy cruise out of the channel with Delaney riding on the bow.  I got a picture of Delaney on the bow, but I can't seem to find it.  Sorry about that Delaney.  It is probably a good thing since bow riding IS illegal.  We take a pleasant trip out to the last channel marker and slowly turn around.

Lorraine even drove the boat for a while.  Great job Lorraine!  She kept saying, "It is huge, it is huge".  I agree.  But then again, I am used to hearing that from women.  (About the boat, of course).

I could be wrong, but I think they enjoyed themselves:

Panacea - Lorraine, Steve, Captain Marc Paul

Panacea Fishing - Steve, Lorraine

In my opinion, anytime you find yourself in a picture with white wake and nothing but a water horizon behind you, it is a good day!

Happy Birthday, Steve!

Glad you guys could come up and visit.  You are welcome back anytime.

Stay tuned everyone.  My next blog will be a long one as "Rock-the-Dock" fishing tournament is next.

Thanks for reading.  (all 3 of you)

Captain Marc Paul
Captain Marc Paul


No comments:

Post a Comment