Styx


October, 2017

Yes, I love to fish.  But I also love classic rock and roll, baby!  Okay, I love country music also.

I admit - I am old.  My all-time favorite band from the 80's is Styx.  I never got to see them as a teenager, so when I heard they were coming to Tallahassee, I simply had to get tickets.  So I did.  Since it isn't country music, Terri actually decided to join me.

Fishing Florida's Forgotten Coast

When we arrived, Terri asked, "Do we have seats or is it standing-room only?"

I sheepishly replied, "Well, I don't know, I suppose we will see when we get in."  So I picked up our tickets (that I bought like 6 months ago) at the "Will Call" box and in we went.

1st step - Grab a beer.
2nd step - Find our seats.

Hmm.  Where is Row A?  Let's see, the letter "A" is the first letter in the alphabet, I wonder if it is the first row directly in front of the stage?

Well of course it is silly!  Styx was my FAVORITE band!  I couldn't afford front-row VIP seats as a teenager, but I da*n well can now!  

As soon as we sit down, Terri turns to me, smiles and says, "I should have figured".  I just smile back and sip my beer.  Let the STYX concert begin!

Pictures are worth a thousand words so no sense is me droning on about how unbelievably amazing the evening was when I can just include some pictures.  Kudos to Terri for doing such a great job with all the pictures.  My picture-taking skills are abysmal.

Here you go.  Enjoy everyone (all three of you readers).  I know I enjoyed it.

Fishing Florida's Forgotten Coast
One foot from the stage.  Okay, that rocks (literally).

Fishing Florida's Forgotten Coast


Fishing Florida's Forgotten CoastFishing Florida's Forgotten Coast
Tommy Shaw still killing it on the guitar.

Fishing Florida's Forgotten Coast
Fishing Florida's Forgotten Coast


Fishing Florida's Forgotten Coast

We SEE you - but trust me - we can't HEAR you.

Fishing Florida's Forgotten Coast
My hair never looked that good.


Fishing Florida's Forgotten CoastFishing Florida's Forgotten Coast
One of the original band members - James Young.  Loved his expressions.

Oh, and my FAVORITE, FAVORITE picture I have saved for last.  These are the custom STYX guitar pics that Tommy Shaw actually handed me while I was standing next to the stage.  From his guitar to my hand!  

Now, on my desk, right in front of my Capt'n Hook coffee cup.  OMG!

Fishing Florida's Forgotten Coast

Unbelievable!

Oh, yeah, one more picture.  You gotta get a shirt!

Capt'n Hook
Feeling a little rough on this Friday morning - Worth it!

I think I will get started on a Spotify Styx playlist so that next time I go fishing, I will just listen to their music!  If you don't like Styx, you should stay home that day.

Thanks for reading (all three of you).  Hi Caroline.

Fishing Florida's Forgotten Coast
www.captnhookfish.com

1 comment:

  1. Wow! If you had gotten any closer Tommy Shaw would have been holding you instead of the guitar. Nice photos and live the t shirt! Looking forward to hearing Styx next weekend

    ReplyDelete