You did NOT just eat that!

May 10, 2013


My apologies.  I got busy at work and got behind on my fishing blogs.  I know, I know, I don’t have my priorities in order.
This will be a VERY short blog. You'll see why in a sec.

On the boat today is Ryan Brooks and Matt Hansard.  Matt is our corporate accountant. He is the one who decides how much we can write-off in respect to “boat expenses”, so it is important to keep him happy.

Smooth winds and seas today.  In fact, the conditions today are even nicer then they were last week.  We should catch a lot of Kings today on Oar Reef.  They sure loved those bananas we sacrificed last week!
We get out to the reef – no problems.  We start trolling – no problems.

Ryan pulls out a banana.
I laugh. 

We all know the banana routine now - Bring a banana, throw it overboard, catch a big fish.  It's that simple.

Ryan peels the banana....................................... and starts eating it!
He starts eating it!

He doesn’t throw it overboard, he starts eating it!

Oh my god!  I turn to him in amazement and say.  “What the f*ck are you thinking dude?”  He responds, “Come on Marc, you are too damn superstitious.  My banana has nothing to do with catching fish.  There are no “Fish Gods" that must be given sacrifices - besides the banana has potassium that my body needs”.
We caught nothing the rest of the day in perfect conditions.

End of blog.
Wait...as luck would have it, shortly after Ryan throws in the banana, we get stopped by the police.  I get stopped so often by them now though, I'm starting to think they just like having their morning coffee with the Geeks 1 crew.  The badge and the .40 caliber weapon really get their attention when they pull alongside.  Russell is the man!

End of blog.

Wait, wait……In all fairness to Ryan, HE caught two AJs - neither of them keepers.  He caught one Amberjack on 12 pound test on my bass spinning reel.  I told him that there was no way he could catch that large of a fish on such small pound test.  He loosened the drag and 20 minutes later, both he and the fish were exhausted, but the fish was in the boat.  I bowed to him, as promised.  If you look closely, you can see that he still has a small banana remnant left on the side of his mouth.


Doesn't anyone eat oranges anymore and what the hell is potassium?!
Have a fruitful day folks!
Cap'n Hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment